Thursday, February 14, 2008

Random Rips Vol 4 - "Peter" Breaks


When i was about 16, i was really into "partybreaks" because back then i didn't know much about sampling, but i knew that the good ones had all these amazing samples blended with recognizable hiphop beats. Basically i didn't know shit - come on it was 12 years ago! Peter "At Work" Presta was my favorite at the time, he was KILLING shit. I didn't know anything about him, but when i saw the cover i knew it was a hit. I used to play these all the time - funny though i never heard too many other djs playing them. Maybe they were considered lame, i'm not too sure. To me these still sound fresh today. I had 2 of the 12's, and then they came out with the compilation so i had to cop it as well. Here's 2 of my favorites from the comp.

Peter "At Work" Presta - It's Yours '96 Remix

Peter "At Work" Presta - Just Throw Your Hands

You can still find this record (barely) if you follow Presta's discogs page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.